ISCC is a solution provider for sustainable and deforestation free supply chains. It is a globally applicable and leading certification system for all kinds of biobased feedstocks as agricultural crops, their derivatives as well as waste and residues bit also for recycled materials. With that ISCC supports the bio-based and circular economy. ISCC can be applied in various markets including the food and feed market, the bioenergy sector and the chemical market. Since its start of operation in 2010, over 23,000 certificates for over 3,700 System Users in more than 100 countries have been issued. Industrial applications as chemicals and packaging applications represent currently the fastest-growing sector.
About 30 certification bodies with more than 400 trained auditors ensure credible independent third party certification verifying that:
– No deforestation took place after January 2008
– Biomass is not produced on land with high biodiversity and high carbon stock
– Good agricultural practices and the protection of soil, water and air is applied
– Human, labour and land rights are respected
– Traceability along the complex global supply chains is guaranteed
– Greenhouse gas emissions are verified and reduced